01 Boolean WIT Award Includes
* Fund toward tuition fees for the remainder of the award recipient’s university education ending in academic year 2025
* The guarantee of an optional three-month internship at Boolean Innovation Labs
* Paid visit to Boolean headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit
* Mentoring by a senior technology leader from BIL
02 Eligibility Criteria
* Be an Indian female citizen student
* Must be enrolled as a full time student in a formal technology ME/MS/MTech program at an Indian University or Institute at the time of applying and should be completing the program in Academic year 2025
* Should be pursuing a Major or Minor in the following streams: Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science, Data Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Math and Computing
* The applicants and their advisors will be asked for supporting documents, if needed
* BIL has final determination of the interpretation of the above clauses
* Anyone who is a “related party” to a Boolan employee is not eligible to apply
03 Applications Must Include
* Curriculum vitae
* Essays: Expect to answer short essay type questions (download from here on March 8, 2024)
* Letter of Recommendation from a Professor with whom you have taken a college course. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters
* Academic transcripts from your current and past institutions
* Due to the volume of submissions, Boolean cannot provide individual feedback on applications that do not receive scholarship awards.
04 Evaluation Criteria
A Selection Panel of BIL will be reviewing all applicants and will choose the winners at their discretion. The Selection Panel use a very rigorous evaluation process with scoring of every completed and eligible application using multiple criteria. This is followed by at least two or three additional rounds of evaluation including interview rounds for few selected applicants.
Applications for the 2023 Scholarship opening in March 2023
Applications Open March 8, 2024We celebrate International Women's Day by activating online submissions
Applications Close April 8, 2024Submit before IST 24:00 on this date
Winners Announced June 15, 2024Winners will be announced here and selected candidates will be intimated by email
We invite the global science and technology community to continue this exploration—because ensuring that future advancements benefit everyone is up to all of us
Boolean Fellowship Summit
The annual fellowship summit would be part of our flaghsip tech-fest :
Cross-disciplinary conversations on emerging tech set the stage for strategic partnerships that happen nowhere else, as industry executives, experts, researchers, and scientists work together to address innovations in computational science. At the Summit we shine the spotlight on India’s championing start up heroes, established tech companies, social enterprise initiatives, innovators and educators in tech.
Its a 3 day-long event that witnesses the best minds in India competing, collaborating and brainstorming on subjects far in future. The festival’s purpose is to showcase how tech is transforming both business and society by driving important conversations around transformation, diversity and innovation. We’ll unite the global tech ecosystem to inspire impactful innovation, building a better digital world for both business and society. Our physical and virtual moments will bring together leaders, thinkers and doers to build relationships and connect.
There are many fields currently underrepresented by women. One of the major areas include science, technology, engineering, math (STEM). By making the educational paths to these male-dominated professions less expensive, female scholarships can lead to more gender diversity in the workplace.
CEO | CSO | Co-founder
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
When we start accepting applications for the Scholarship Program application link will be active on this page. Please refer timeline
Are students studying outside of India eligible to apply?
No. Only Indian female nationals studying in Indian universities are eligible to apply.
Do transcripts need to be official transcripts signed by the registrar?
Not when you apply. At a later stage in the selection process, official transcript signed by the registrar will be asked.
If I only have 1 year left of school, can I still apply?
Yes, you may still apply. You will receive the tuition while you are in school till 2025.
When is the deadline for the letter of recommendation?
The letter is requuired at the time of submission of application by the candidate.
Where will the fellowship money be sent? The school or myself?
The award may only be used to defray tuition costs, and will be sent directly to the school upon the submission of tuition fee invoice.
If selected, when can I come to Boolean Innovation Labs for my internship?
A two-month internship at Boolean Innovation Labs is guaranteed, and you may request to come for an internship at any time before you complete your Master's. Besides working with experienced mentors, an internship at Boolean Innovation Labs allows fellows to present to and discuss with diverse researchers, which will help them expand their horizons and provide experience in global corporations.
What instructions will my recommender need to know?
Recommendation letter will need to address the following points:
- How long have they known the applicant and in what capacity
- Does the applicant belong to the top 5, 10, or 20 percent of the students they have taught
- Assess the applicant on:
- Intellectual and analytic strengths
- Technical skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ambition and initiative
- Ability to work on a team
- When will the review results be announced?
Selected applicants will receive notification of their acceptance status by early June 2024. Due to the volume of submissions, Booelan cannot provide individual feedback on applications that do not receive fellowship awards.